Monday, April 20, 2009

Numero Uno

Well, my first Blogspot post. I've been through the Xanga blogs, the Facebook notes, this, that, and the other thing... and now I'm here. Let's see where this takes us.
Might as well say a little something about myself, right?
My name is Rana, I'm in my first year at the University of Ottawa, studying Translation and Interpretation. I hope to graduate in 2012 and eventually work for CSIS as a Translator. Yes, I'll be the rebellious Middle Eastern girl conspiring against people of her own kind. I can hardly wait.
Although I was raised Muslim, my profound research in the fundamentals of Islam have caused my to stray from my religion. I'm not sure what I am, but my research is still active. I hope to find an answer someday.
I speak 3 languages, and hope to learn a 4th before I graduate.
I'm outspoken, opinionated, straight-forward, and my mouth has gotten me in trouble on more than one occasion. I will speak my mind, and I'll state my opinions loud and clear. My views on politics are a little screwy, my religious debates have a record of making devout religionists run away with their tails between their legs. I love to debate, it's definitely a passion.

I'm not sure what I'm going to make out of this blog, so I'll be taking it a day at a time. I do have a tendency of posting random rants to release my frustrations, but I will definitely try to keep substance alive throughout my posts.

Til next time,
Rana

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the Blogsphere Rana (",)

    Great opening entry & I look forward to your random thoughts/rants! like they say, it's great to get things of your chest!

    Feel free to check my own blog (shameles self-promotion I know! But hey, someone has to do it!) Just click on my name to enter the world of the Stoned Age Man (",)

    All the best,

    Daren (",)

    ReplyDelete